Thursday 17 September 2015

From Jay

Hello everyone,
Am I getting excited and what am I getting most excited about?
Well it is hard to know where to start. I think I am most looking forward to the amazing cultural activities we have on the agenda. Going to Korea House and the "off the charts" meal and show….heading down to Gyeongju and Ulsan……meeting with and developing constructive partnerships with South Korean professionals. The list goes on and on.  I think topping my list at the moment (it changes nearly hourly) is heading to the de-militarised zone and seeing the stream/rehabilitation program. I do have a sustainability side to my pedagogies and this is something that I am very interested in. Seeing how, in the middle of a truly international metropolis, a river/stream can be sustainably re-vitalised, restored and preserved is high on list of must sees and excite-o-meter.
Another excite-o-meter topper will be seeing all the things, experiencing all the (what I thought were once in a lifetime) experiences that I saw 8 years ago. Also, seeing the contrast between rural kiwi schools and their urban Korean counterparts.
Pic: Otorohanga College
 

Jay Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment